Pesticide Application (PA2): Ground Crop Sprayer NPTC Level 2 Award
This course will enable you to achieve the legally required qualification by the Control of Pesticide Regulations (COPR), and is designed for anyone applying pesticides on a commercial basis. This course (PA2) follows on from PA1 and is a one-day pesticide course that covers the application of pesticides from a conventional boomed sprayer. It will take place at Shuttleworth College and is delivered by one of Shuttleworth's qualified instructors. If you just need a refresher please contact the sales team for further details.
You can begin this course if you have already completed the Pesticide Application (PA1): Safe Use of Pesticides NPTC Level 2 Award.
During the course you will study the following topics:
- Preparing the applicator for work, calibrating and operating it to ensure correct application rate without risk to yourself, other people and the environment
- Using the information detailed on product labels to determine the approved uses for the product and its potential hazards to
human safety, non-target areas and the environment in general
- Carrying out daily and routine maintenance on the applicator
- Carrying out the correct procedure for cleaning personal protective equipment and application equipment which may have been contaminated with pesticide
- Carrying out safe driving practice
- Carrying out record keeping
- Carrying out post spraying procedures.
The assessment for NPTC courses normally takes place 10 to 14 days after the initial training and is a full day – the cost is included in the course fee.
Further study and career options
This is a beneficial qualification for those working in the agriculture and horticulture industries or self employed in roles such as a gardener or groundskeeper. You can also study Pesticide Application (PA1): Safe Use of Pesticides NPTC Level 2 Award, and Pesticide Application (PA6A): Hand Held Applicators NPTC Level 2 Award.
To take part in this course you must bring PPE (personal protective equipment) and other tools and equipment as listed on the joining instructions. You can also view the PPE and tools list here. These will be emailed to you a few weeks before the course is due to start – please contact us to confirm you have the required items.