Pesticide Application (PA4): Pelleted or Granular Pesticides - Mounted or Trailed Applications (Units S or G) NPTC Level 2 Award
There are no entry requirements for this course – you will just an interest in learning the basics of pesticide application.
On completion you will:
- Know the legislative and safety regulations relating to the application of granular pesticides
- Be able to assess the environmental factors relating to the application site
- Be able to read and interpret product information
- Be able to prepare and calibrate the application equipment
- Be able to operate the application equipment
- Know how to carry out post-operational procedures
Further study and career options
The qualification gained from completing this course will be beneficial for you career if you work in the agriculture and horticulture industries, or if you are self-employed in such a role as gardener or groundskeeper. You can also also study Pesticide Application (PA2): Ground Crop Sprayer NPTC Level 2 Award, and Pesticide Application (PA6A): Hand Held Applicators NPTC Level 2 Award.
To take part in this course you must bring PPE (personal protective equipment) and other tools and equipment as listed on the joining instructions. You can also view the PPE and tools list here. These will be emailed to you a few weeks before the course is due to start – please contact us to confirm you have the required items.