Business BTEC HNC (part-time)
This course gives you a high level of knowledge of business subjects and enables you to match your own particular career interest. On completion of this course you will receive 120 credits. The qualification should be achieved between 1 year and 1 term of part-time study up to 2 years.
You will need:
- English AND Maths GCSEs at grade A*-C/Functional Skills at Level 2 AND
- 48 UCAS Tariff points from A-Levels with 32 points from one A-Level qualification OR
- 48 UCAS Tariff points from a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Business OR
- an equivalent Level 3 qualification.
We welcome applications from mature students who will be considered individually on experience rather than qualifications, subject to a successful interview.
During the course you will cover topics including:
- Organisations and Behaviour
- Managing Financial Resources
- Business Environment
- Human Resource Management
- Aspects of Contract and Negligence
- Marketing Principles
- Management Accounting
- Working with and Leading People
- European Business
- Business Decision Making
- Human Resources Training and Development
- Business Strategy
- Small Business Enterprise
- Marketing Planning
- Employment Law
- Research Project
Each unit is assessed using a variety of methods including, written, multiple choice, oral and practical. These are no external examinations. The assessment will develop your work related skills such as analysis, problem solving, decision making, communication and presentation skills. These will enhance your self-confidence allowing you to progress your career aims.
Further study and career options
On successful completion of the HNC you can progress on to further study with our HND or choose to enter employment.
At this level you will be expected to commit yourself to research and carry out a significant amount of additional study outside of College. Please note that in order to achieve a specialist pathway, some blended learning (self-study and tutorials) will be necessary.