Introduction to Supervising & Leading a Team
Having an effective team around you is crucial; however, supervising other people is an area that is often left to chance. This can lead to de-motivated individuals that do not feel part of the business and consequently do not perform to their full potential. This course will look at what it takes to supervise and lead an effective team and how you can get the best out of the people in your team by understanding the role of supervisor or team leader, both personally and from the point of view of your team.
This course is suitable if you are newly appointed or soon-to-be promoted to a supervisor or team leader position.
During the course you will:
- Develop clear ways to communicate goals and objectives to your team, ensuring you have a common goal
- Learn how to motivate and develop your team to continuously improve performance
- Create a common purpose by effectively communicating objectives
- Develop your own confidence to deal with difficult and challenging situations.
During the course you will cover topics including:
- The roles and responsibilities of the supervisor
- How to lead, communicate organise, plan and control
- Meeting the expectations of your team
- SMART goals and objectives
- Utilising different styles for different situations
- Motivating and coaching others
- Effective delegation
- Delivering feedback.
There is no formal assessment for this course. On successful completion you will receive a College attendance certificate.
Lunch is included in the course fee.