Clinical Healthcare Support Apprenticeship Level 3
This apprenticeship will help you to develop the knowledge and skills required to carry out a range of clinical procedures and assessment/examinations while working in a clinical healthcare support setting. Clinical duties at advanced level may include: generally assisting patients’ overall comfort and wellbeing; assisting with clinical tasks; helping people to mobilise; physical care needs of patients; and supervising other team members. The apprenticeship supports the broad vision of the health care sector to develop an increasingly skilled, flexible and effective workforce.
Entry will be subject to passing a maths and English diagnostic assessment.
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
- Introduction to the role and responsibilities of a health trainer
- Establishing and developing relationships with communities while working as a health trainer
- Communicating with individuals about promoting their health and well-being while working as a health trainer
- Enabling individuals to change their behaviour to improve their health and well-being
You will be assessed by a variety of methods including direct observations by your dedicated training co-ordinator, tests in English and maths and a written assessment.
You will study for the following qualifications:
NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Clinical Healthcare Support
- Employment and Personal Learning Skills in Health
- Functional Skills in English and maths
Further study and career options
Further study: On successful completion of this apprenticeship you could progress on to a higher education course here at College including HNC/HND in Health & Social Care or Level 5 Advanced Practitioner in Clinical Health Care/ Health & Social Care.
Future careers: You could apply for a job role such as phlebotomist, assistant dietician, medical laboratory assistant, new-born hearing screener, nursing healthcare assistant and podiatry assistant.
You must be aged 18 or over to do this apprenticeship.