Health & Social Care NVQ Level 3 Diploma
This qualification is to guide and assess the development of knowledge and skills relating to the health and social care workforce.
There are no formal entry requirements but you must be able to gain evidence for the qualification in the workplace.
This qualification confirms competence in these areas for roles such as:
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in residential settings
- Healthcare assistants/support workers in community and primary care environments
- Healthcare assistants/support workers in acute health environments
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in domiciliary services
- Care assistants/support workers/key workers in day services
- Support workers in supported living projects
- Community-based care assistants/ support workers/key workers, including those working in specialist areas e.g. dementia, learning disabilities
- Personal assistants employed directly by the individual they support or their families
- Emerging new types of workers and multidisciplinary health roles crossing traditional service barriers and delivery models.
Further study and career options
As well as progression to further qualifications, you may also progress to employment in a wide range of administrative roles as these qualification provides evidence of achievement of a range of practical skills, understanding and knowledge in the cleaning and supervision environments.
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Alternatively, you can pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable. Find out more about your payment options and how your loan could be written off at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans