Leadership for Health & Social Care and Children & Young People's Services Skillsfirst Level 5 Diploma
This qualification aims to guide and assess the development of knowledge, understanding and skills in management and advanced practice within health & social care and children & young people’s services. This qualification confirms competence in these areas and serves as the required qualifications for registration and regulatory requirements in the sector in England.
You need to be in a team management position with high levels of responsibility for the organisation and running of the care environment.
You will study a range of units including:
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Promote professional development
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
There are further mandatory units specific to the pathway and then optional units to complete to make a total of 90 credits.
You will be assessed through observation, reflective practice, professional discussion, witness testimonies and a research project.
Further study and career options
You could progress on to higher level employment within the sector or undertake degree courses in your specialist area.