Working in Care Services Skillsfirst Level 2 Diploma
This course enables you to demonstrate your knowledge on the provision of high quality care services. It is aimed at people in a variety of roles and job titles, including care workers, community, support and outreach workers and domiciliary care workers and is anticipated that you could progress to work in a wide range of settings in the adult social care sector on completion of the course.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however you must have the potential and opportunity to gain evidence for the qualification in your workplace.
You will study a range of units such as:
- Dementia awareness
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Principles of communication in adult social care settings
- Principles of personal development in adult social care settings
- Principles of diversity, equality and inclusion in adult social care settings
You will be assessed through a portfolio of evidence using various assessment methods including (but not exclusively) observation, reflective accounts, witness testimony
Further study and career options
You may progress into a wide range of settings in the adult social care sector, or on to the following Skillsfirst qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care Practice (QCF)
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England (QCF)
- or similar specialist healthcare qualifications