Microsoft Word: Creating & Formatting Long Documents
This course is designed for delegates who would like to extend their understanding and knowledge of Word beyond creating basic documents. The course is particularly suitable for those who have to create and manage longer documents that include page numbering, headers and footers, automatic table of contents and indexes.
To take part in this course you should have a basic knowledge of Word and be confident using the keyboard and mouse.
During the course you will study the following topics:
- Using the ‘Navigation Pane’
- Work with the page layout features of Word
- Learn how to work with section breaks
- Using ‘Building Blocks’ and creating cover pages
- Inserting headers, footers and page numbers into a document
- Using ‘fields’ to automatically update information in a document
- Create and apply styles to text
- Insert and edit ‘Footnotes’ and ‘Endnotes’
- Using cross-referencing
- Creating and updating a ‘Table of Contents’ and an index
There are no assessments or exams on this course; you will receive a Bedford College course completion certificate.
Further study and career options
We offer courses in other Microsoft applications such as Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
This course will be delivered using Microsoft Office 2010 and will also be suitable for users of Microsoft Office 2007. If you are using Microsoft Office 2003 or any other version, please contact us to discuss this further.