This intensive, short ten-week MTA course will help you to prepare for Microsoft Technology Associate Exam 98-362, and will provide you with an understanding of the following topics:
This course is considered an entry level course, and no previous competence or knowledge of programming or software development is required. However, basic programming skills would be of benefits. It would also be advantage to have previously completed Microsoft MTA Software Development Fundamentals (98-361).
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) is a recommended entry point into IT certification and job preparation. Pass just one exam and you’ll earn a certification, taking your first step toward a career in technology. If you are just starting your IT career path or are looking to enhance your understanding of IT fundamentals, MTA will validate your core knowledge. During the course you will study the following topics:
Understanding Windows programming basics
- Identifying Windows application types
- Implementing user interface design
- Creating Windows-based applications by using Visual Studio.
Creating Windows Forms applications
- Creating and handling events
- Understanding Windows Forms inheritance
- Understanding how to create new controls and extend existing controls
- Validating and implementing user input
- Debugging a Windows-based application.
Creating Windows Services applications
- Creating a Windows Services application
- Installing a Windows Services application.
- Accessing data in a Windows Forms application
- Understanding data access methods for a Windows application
- Understanding databound controls.
Deploying a Windows application
- Understanding Windows application deployment methods
- Creating Windows setup and deployment projects.
Bedford College is an Authorised Certiport Testing Centre – you will be assessed through online, web-based multiple choice exams. The cost of the optional MTA exam is £40.00.
Further study and career options
The course will provide you with a range of skills and knowledge required for a career in software development. Microsoft certifications represent a rich and varied spectrum of knowledge, job roles and responsibilities. Today’s IT recruitment managers are more often using professional credentials, such as Microsoft certification, to identify properly skilled IT candidates.
In addition, becoming MTA certified will help you to build a solid foundation to prepare for intermediate technology studies and for Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications.
You will be required to pay an additional £40.00 fee if you wish to sit the external Microsoft exam.
Enrolment on this course provides access to a wide range of free resources including the Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) Windows Development Fundamentals (98-362) manual, exercise files, exam preparation guides, practice tests and web links. In addition, Bedford College is a member of the MSDN Academic Alliance and, as such, Microsoft software- such as Visual Studio – can be freely downloaded for use by students on this course.