Bench Joinery CSkills Awards Level 3 Diploma
This course provides you with the skills and experience you need to carry out a range of joinery work to the standards agreed by the leading industry bodies, enabling you to gain a good overall understanding of the wood trade. Provides the underpinning knowledge and practical skills for a career in the industry.
Bench Joinery ConstructionSkills Level 2 or an equivalent level qualification.
Theoretical and Practical training in every aspect related to Site Carpentry at Level 2. Some units will have been accumulated through studies at earlier levels.
- CC 1001K Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 1001S Carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 3002K Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- CC 3002S Information, quantities and communicating with others
- CC 3003K Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- CC 3003S Building methods and construction technology
- CC 3030K Know how to set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
- CC 3030S Set up and use fixed and transportable machinery
- CC 3031K Know how to manufacture complex shaped joinery products
- CC 3031S Manufacture complex shaped joinery products
- CC 3032K Know how to produce complex shaped joinery product details
- CC 3032S Produce complex shaped joinery product details.
Trips to building exhibition and building sites are part of your studies. You can also take a Health & Safety test.
In course assessment, end unit tests, practical synoptic test.
Further study and career options
Progression into employment as a bench joiner, and you can study towards an NVQ Level 3. Alternatively, you can study our part-time construction related Foundation Degrees.
At interview you will be asked to complete a skills assessment.
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.