Construction Site Management CSkills Awards NVQ Level 6 Diploma
This qualification provides site managers working in construction with the opportunity to demonstrate the skills and knowledge needed for their job role. Much of the qualification can be assessed on-site so no work time is lost, but you will need to attend College one evening each month to gain further vital knowledge. This qualification provides evidence that you are qualified to undertake construction site management. You will develop new skills and improve performance, as well as gaining the vital skills you will need to obtain a platinum CSCS card, which shows you are an experienced manager.
No formal qualifications are required for entry onto the course, but you must be working in a supervisory or management role within the construction industry.
You will study units including:
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships
- Allocating work and checking peoples performance
- Enabling learning opportunities
- Contributing to the identification of a work team
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining systems for managing health, safety and welfare
- Establishing, controlling and monitoring environmental factors and sustainability
- Evaluating and selecting work methods
- Planning the preparation of the site for the project
- Monitoring project activities
- Ensuring that work activities and resources meet project work requirements
- Identifying, allocating and planning the deployment and use of plant, equipment or machinery
- Organising, controlling and monitoring supplies of materials
- Establishing and monitoring communication systems and organisational procedures
- Controlling project progress against agreed quality standards
- Establishing dimensional control criteria
- Controlling project progress against agreed programmes
- Controlling project quantities and costs
- Evaluating feedback information and recommending improvements
- Managing your personal development.
Continuous assessment of your evidence will be used to confirm competence for each unit of study.
Further study and career options
On completion you will also be formally qualified to undertake Construction Site Management. You are also able to apply for specific CSCS card (Platinum type) which proves you are an Experienced Manager.
The course is designed predominantly around the OSAT programme of delivery. The course will last up to one year and course dates are flexible.
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.