Decorative Finishing Apprenticeship Level 2
This apprenticeship will allow to you develop real skills and knowledge in painting and decorating that you can then demonstrate and provide evidence of in a working environment. Our courses have an excellent reputation with employers and help you to develop construction skills that will put you at the forefront of the job market. In College, you will be taught by staff who, have not only had successful careers in industry themselves, but who also lead in shaping the UK’s construction and building services training sector.
Some evidence of studying at GCSE level would be an advantage.
Previous experience in painting and decorating or construction is desirable but not essential.
During this apprenticeship you will study a range of topics, including:
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Knowledge of technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Knowledge of construction technology
- Erect and dismantle access equipment and working platforms
- Prepare surfaces for decoration
- Apply paint systems by brush and roller
- Apply standard papers to ceilings and walls
- Produce specialist decorative finishes
You will be assessed via a variety of practical methods, including work-based assessments and the completion of tasks and assignments in College.
You will gain the following qualifications:
Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations Cskills Level 2 Diploma
- Decorative Finishing & Industrial Painting Occupations Cskills Level 2 NVQ Diploma
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills in English and maths
Further study and career options
Further study: On successful completion you could progress on to the Decorative Finishing Advanced apprenticeship.
Career progression: You could also move into full-time work as a painter and decorator.
You will need steel toe capped boots, a high viz vest, a set of whites/bib and brace, and usual study stationary.
The College part of this apprenticeship will start in September, however you will be able to start the work based learning element at any time throughout the year.