Floor Covering Cskills Awards NVQ Level 2 Diploma
This is a 7-unit Construction Skills NVQ course, designed specifically for individuals working in the area of carpet, vinyl or wood floor fitting, whose day to day activities engage them in a number of practical tasks in these areas. The course is purely undertaken on site, with an allocated assessor – there is no college attendance. It also enables the application of a CSCS ‘Blue’ trade card (following successful completion of the HS&E test).
You should be working in the area of Carpet / Vinyl / wood floor covering fitting.
To achieve this NVQ, you must complete the seven mandatory units, plus one optional unit.
- Setting out for Laying Floorcoverings in the workplace
- Preparing surfaces to receive floorcoverings in the workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the workplace
- Conforming to productive working practices in the workplace
- Moving, Handling and storing Resources in the workplace
- Developing customer relationships in a floorcovering working environment.
- Installing Textile Floorcoverings in the workplace
- Installing Impervious Floorcoverings in the workplace
- Installing wood floorcoverings in the workplace.
You will be assessed on-site by a portfolio of evidence and testimonials.
Further study and career options
Occupational Work Supervision CSkills Level 3 NVQ Diploma.
CSCS Health Safety and Environment Test can be undertaken (at additional cost) to obtain a Blue CSCS Trade card.