Painting & Decorating CSkills Awards NVQ Level 3 Diploma
On-Site Assessment & Training helps experienced workers get the qualifications to prove that they can do the job, by turning existing skills and experience into a recognised construction qualification. It takes into account the skills you already have so you only need to train toward the things you dont know how to do, and the whole qualification can be assessed on-site so no work time is lost attending College.
You need to be working in the painting and decorating trade.
To achieve this qualification you must complete six mandatory units and one optional unit:
- Conforming to general workplace safety
- Confirming work activities and resources for the work
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships
- Confirming the occupational method of work
- Erecting and dismantling access/working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for painting/decorating
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller
- Hanging wall coverings to complex surfaces
- Hanging wide-width vinyl
- Installing coving, centres, pieces and texture products
- Applying coatings by the airless spray method
- Applying coatings by the air spray method
- Producing basic brush graining and marbling effects
- Producing replica quality grained and marble finishes
- Applying metal leaf to surfaces.
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans. You can also pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable.