Site Carpentry CSkills Awards Level 2 Diploma
This course provides you with the skills and experience you need to carry out a range of carpentry work to the standards agreed by the leading industry bodies, enabling you to gain a good overall understanding of the wood trade. Provides the underpinning knowledge and skills to prepare you for a career in the industry.
Carpentry & Joinery Skills Diploma Level 1 or an equivalent level qualification.
Theoretical and Practical training in every aspect related to Site Carpentry at Level 2. Some units will have been accumulated through studies at earlier levels.
- CC 1001K Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 1001S Carry out safe working practices in construction
- CC 2002K Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others
- CC 2002S Information, quantities and communicating with others
- CC 2003K Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- CC 2003S Building methods and construction technology
- CC 2008K Know how to carry out first fixing operations
- CC 2008S Carry out first fixing operations
- CC 2009K Know how to carry out second fixing
- CC 2009S Carry out second fixing
- CC 2010K Know how to erect structural carcassing
- >CC 2010S Erect structural carcassing
- CC 2011K Know how to carry out maintenance
- CC 2011S Carry out maintenance
- CC 2012K Know how to set up and operate a circular saw
- CC 2012S Set up and operate a circular saw.
Trips to building exhibition and building sites are part of your studies. You can also take a Health & Safety test.
In course assessment, end unit tests, practical synoptic test.
Further study and career options
Progression onto Site Carpentry Skills Diploma Level 3, or alternatively you can go into employment as a site carpenter and study towards an NVQ Level 2.
At interview you will be asked to complete a skills assessment.
This course could be FREE! You could be eligible for free study if you are unemployed and on a qualifying benefit. Find out more at www.bedford.ac.uk/concessions