Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings City & Guilds 2392-10 Level 3 Certificate
This course will provide you with an overall update of Building Regulations changes that have recently taken place, impacting on the building industry. The course does not interpret the law but is intended to help you to understand the system.
The course will give you an introduction to the Building Regulations in England and Wales and is intended for anyone proposing to carry out building projects. The primary responsibility for achieving compliance with the regulations rests with the person carrying out the building work, and the course will therefore be of interest if you are involved in the building process and need an overview understanding of the Regulations.
By studying this course you will gain an overall understanding of the Building Regulations in general and some of the individual approved documents in particular.
During this course you will study the following units:
- Part F (Ventilation)
- Part L (Conservation of fuel and power)
- Part P (Electrical safety – dwellings) and not-so-recent changes including Part A (Structure)
- Part C (Site preparation and resistance to moisture)
- Part E (Resistance to the passage of sound)
- Part M (Access to and use of buildings)
- Part B (Fire safety)
- Terms and definitions
- Dangers involving electricity
- Earthing arrangements
- Switching and isolation of a circuit and equipment protection
- Earthing and bonding
- Inspection and testing requirements of electrical installation.
Additional informationLunch will be provided on this course.