Electrical Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation City & Guilds 2919 Level 3 Award (Domestic or Industrial)
This qualification will provide you with an understanding of electric vehicle charging equipment installation. The course is ideal if you are a practicing electrician interested in gaining an understanding of how to install the range of equipment and systems available. This course will cover the specialised installation requirements of electric vehicle charging equipment in public, private and commercial locations, and includes extensive guidance on electrical requirements. On successful completion of this course you will receive an industry-recognised City & Guilds Level 3 qualification.
To begin this course you will need to have evidence of prior learning in a related subject.
During this course you will gain knowledge and develop skills in a range of topics, including inspection, testing and the handing over of electric vehicle charging equipment. You will also study all the sections and annexes of the current IET code of practice for electric vehicle charging equipment.
You will study the following topics:
- Key requirements relating to electric vehicle charging equipment
- Advantages and disadvantages of different types of electric vehicle charging arrangements and equipment
- Preparation for the design and installation of electric vehicle charging equipment
- Installing electric vehicle equipment for domestic, commercial and industrial locations
- The requirements for inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment
- Carrying out the inspection, testing, commissioning and handover of electric vehicle charging equipment.
You will be assessed by an online multiple choice test and a practical assignment.
Further study and career options
This course will allow you to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the electrotechnology sector.
You can also progress to further study in related City & Guilds qualifications, such as:
- Electrotechnical Services NVQ Level 3
- Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations Level 3 Award
- Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations Level 3 Award
- Design and Verification of Electrical Installation Level 4 Award.
To take part in this course you will need a copy of the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation (ISBN: 978-1-84919-514-0). Lunch will be provided.