Electrotechnical Services City & Guilds NVQ Level 3 Diploma
An NVQ will help an experience worker get a qualification that will prove they can do the job. It will turn existing skills and experience into a recognised qualification, and takes into account the skills you already have so you will only need to train towards the things you don't know how to do. The whole qualification can be assessed on-site so no work time is lost by attending College.
You will achieve a qualification to show to potential customers, so you will work more and earn more. You will also gain the vital skills needed to obtain a qualified workers Electrotechnical Certification Scheme (ECS) card quickly and easily.
This course is suitable if you are an experienced electrician and would like to gain a recognised qualification to prove you can do the job.
You will cover units including:
- Safe site working
- Diagnosing and correcting electrical faults
- Providing technical and functional information
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
- Preparing to install a wiring system, wiring enclosures and equipment
- Installing a wiring system, wiring enclosures and equipment
- Connecting a wiring system and other equipment using safe and approved methods
- Inspecting, testing and commission.
This course is delivered in the workplace and will last up to one year. Course dates are flexible.
If you are aged 19 or over you may qualify for an Advanced Learner Loan to help you pay the tuition fees for this course. Alternatively, you can pay by instalments to help make the cost of this course more affordable. Find out more about your payment options and how your loan could be written off at www.bedford.ac.uk/loans