Initial Verification & Certification of Electrical Installations City & Guilds 2394-01 Level 3 Award
This qualification has been developed to satisfy the requirements for Proposed Qualified Supervisors (PQSs) for various scheme operatives to ensure they are conversant with the requirements of BS 7671 for Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical installations. This qualification is aimed at practicing electricians who have not carried out inspection and testing since qualifying, or who require some update of training before going on to other EAL qualifications. The qualification is also suitable for those with limited experience of initial inspection of electrical installations, such as those entering the industry from other engineering disciplines or who have been working in allied trades.
There are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking this qualification. However, centres must ensure that candidates have the potential and opportunity to successfully gain the qualification. It would be expected that candidates have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience on electrical installation work either within the electrical contracting industry or an allied trade. Candidates will need a copy of BS 7671:2008 (2011) 17th Edition & On-Site Guide and Guidance Note 3.
This qualification will prepare you for the initial verification of electrical installation work.
Once you have achieved the outcomes of this unit you will have demonstrated that you are competent in accordance with the National Occupational Standards (NOS) for the Electrotechnical Industry.
The unit is designed to enable you to understand principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations with statutory and non-statutory regulations and requirements. You will gain the knowledge to underpin the application of skills for the inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrical installations.
On completion, you will be able to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- EAL Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
- EAL Level 3 Certificate in Installing, Testing and Ensuring Compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Installing Electrotechnical Systems and Equipment (Buildings, Structures and the Environment)
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Maintaining Electrotechnical Systems)
- EAL qualifications in environmental technology systems
- EAL qualifications in 17th Edition, requirements for electrical installations BS7671
- EAL Level 3 Award in the In-Service Inspections and Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT).
- Level 3 Certificate in Design, erection and verification of electrical installations.
- Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering
Units of study will be:
- QIT/001 Principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations (online multiple choice)
- IV1, IV2, IV3, IV4 principles, practices and legislation for the initial verification of electrical installations (Practical Assessments)
You will receive an industry-recognised Level 3 qualification from the awarding body EAL or EMTA.
Assessment will be by an online exam and practical exam at the end of the course.
There are no formal entry requirements, however, you will also be expected to have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles, as well as experience on electrical installation work either within the electrical contracting industry or an allied trade. You will also need a copy of BS 7671:2008 (2011) 17th Edition & On-Site Guide and Guidance.