Installation & Maintenance of Small Scale Solar Photovoltaic Systems City & Guilds 2399-12 Level 3 Award
This qualification suitable if you want to gain a basic understanding of small scale environmental technologies to allow you to advise home owners. During the course you will learn, develop and demonstrate the knowledge required for employment and/or career progression in environmental technologies within the building services engineering sector. This qualification acts as continuing professional development for qualified electricians, plumbers and mechanical engineers who wish to broaden their skills. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of environmental technologies and the competence to install and maintain these in the home environment.
To begin this course you will need to have obtained the N/SVQ 3 in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) or equivalent earlier certification that provides evidence of competence. In addition, if not included in the above current certification you will need to have achieved the BS 7671: 2008 Requirements for Electrical Installations (17th Edition) Certification. Stand alone vocationally related qualifications (technical certificates) are not acceptable as an alternative to the NVQ awards stated above.
You will study the following units:
- Knowing the fundamental working principles, installation options and regulatory requirements for microrenewable energy and water conservation technologies
- Knowing the requirements to install, commission and handover small scale solar photovoltaic systems
- Installing, commissioning and handover of small scale solar photovoltaic systems
- Knowing the requirements to inspect, service and maintain small scale solar photovoltaic systems
- Inspecting, servicing and maintaining small scale solar photovoltaic systems.
You will be assessed via an online exam, as well as a practical exam at the end of the second day (55 minutes), third day (90 minutes) and fourth day (40 minutes) of the course.
Further study and career options
Once you have achieved this qualification you can progress to City & Guilds qualifications providing training and assessment for specific environmental technologies. It also provides a nationally recognised QCF qualification for environmental technologies.
Lunch will be provided on this course.