Barbering Intermediate (Level 2)
A full-time one year programme for City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Barbering. This exciting programme will be delivered by our new partnership with Jagged Edge Barbers and Bedford College. During the programme you will be based at BROOKS commercial salon, High Street, Bedford for your training and Jagged Edge Barbers for work placement.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
- 3 GCSEs at grades A*-D or 9-3 ideally including English and maths
- Equivalent Level 1 Diploma with Functional Skills
Duration: 2 Years
- 3 GCSEs at grades A*-G or 9-1 ideally including English and a keen interest in hairdressing. Other relevant levels of qualifications or experience will be considered.
The study programme will include a mix of practical and theory sessions, as well as tutorials, with an individual timetable set across four days per week.
- Subject units:
- Cuts men’s hair
- Cut facial hair
- Colour and lighten hair
- Client consultation Services
- Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp
- Working in the hair industry
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon
- Styling men’s hair
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Display stock to promote sales in the salon
- Salon reception duties
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Work experience:
You will complete a weekly work placement within the Jagged Edge Barbers.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications:
The programme will also involve demonstrations of current barbering trends.
Following your intensive practical training you will complete formative and summative assessments. The theory training will involve assignments on online exams. You will also be required to study at home during the course.
Further study and career options
At the end of this study programme you will be a qualified Level 2 barber, ready to pursue a career in barbering with Jagged Edge subject to a successful interview.
You will be required to purchase a kit and uniform.
Kit cost: 2 x block heads – total £64.80 and 1 x barbering kit – total £105.00 approx.
Uniform cost: £46.99
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance