Creative Digital Media Production Intermediate (Level 2)
This study programme will give you the chance to engage with both practical and theoretical aspects of digital media. You will gain useful digital media production skills and develop your knowledge of the media industry. The study programme is ideal if you wish to gain a qualification in media in one year and progress to Level 3.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
- 3 GCSEs at grades A*-D or 9-3 ideally including English and maths
- Relevant Level 1 Diploma with Level 1 Functional Skills
Key areas on this study programme will include planning, organising and producing various digital media products including short films, adverts and written articles. You will develop knowledge of the ownership and function of modern media and apply this knowledge in a vocational context to your project work.
- Subject units:
- Digital Media Sectors and Audiences
- Planning and Pitching a Digital Media Product
- Media Industry in Context
- Digital Moving Image Production
- Digital Audio Production
- Digital Editing for Moving Image
- Animation for Digital Media
- Writing for Digital Media
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications
During the study programme, the majority of your work will be assessed by completing various project assignments. There are also two externally assessed exams.
Creative Media Production BTEC Level 2 Diploma
- English and maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills
- Study skills
- Employability skills
Further study and career options
On successful completion of this study programme you can progress on to study Media Production Level 3 or seek employment in the media industry.
This study programme will require you to spend £10 on uniform.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance