Sport Intermediate (Level 2)
This study programme will combine both theory and practical sessions to develop your skills, knowledge and understanding of a range of sports-related occupations. Successful completion of this study programme would enable you to progress to the Sport BTEC Level 3 Diploma. You will also have full access to the College's successful sport academies, which offer top training in a range of sports.
To begin this study programme you will need...
Duration: 1 Year
- 3 GCSEs at grades A*-D or 9-3 ideally including English and maths
Duration: 2 Years
- Sport BTEC Level 1 Diploma with Functional Skills
- 3 GCSEs at grades A*-G or 9-1 ideally including English and maths, and a keen interest in sport.
This study programme will focus on sport development and coaching, while also giving you an underpinning knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the human body.
- Subject units:
- Fitness for sport
- Practical sports performance
- Training for personal fitness
- Leading sports activities
- Anatomy and physiology
- Lifestyle and well-being
- Injury and the sports performer
- Running a sports event
- English and maths:
If you don't already have GCSE English and maths grade A*-C, we will work with you to help you develop your maths and English skills.
- Work experience:
You will also carry out 20 hours of work experience.
- Personal development skills, study skills and employability skills
- Additional vocational learning and qualifications:
- You will also be given the opportunity to go on a range of trips including paint balling, footballing and multi sports tours, International rugby and football matches.
The majority of your BTEC work will be assessed through assignments, which can consist of written essays, presentations, group discussion, practical observation and poster production. Both Anatomy and Physiology and Fitness for Sport will be assessed through online exams. Functional Skills and GCSE Maths and English will also be assessed through formal exams.
Sport BTEC Level 2 First Certificate in Sport
- English and maths skills
- Work experience
- Personal development skills
- Study skills
- Employability skills
Further study and career options
On successful completion of this study programme you can progress on to the Sport (Development, Coaching & Fitness) Level 3.
To take part in this course there will be an additional fee of approximately £95 for required clothing.
All full-time Level 1 and Level 2 courses are now FREE for everyone, whatever their age. If you are looking to study a Level 3 qualification, courses are still free if you’re under 19 or 19-23 and studying your first full Level 3 qualification. If you’re over 23 or studying a second Level 3 qualification, you will need to pay a fee. Find out more on our financial support page at www.bedford.ac.uk/finance